Adult Learn to Scull – Program Information
Questions? Ask Andrew
Designed for people who are interested in rowing and want to give it a try! Class is designed to teach a new rower how to row in a stable single person shell, learn rowing terminology and safely navigate the Cocheco river . You do not need to be a member to participate in this program.
For the First Day of the Program, Please have the Following completed:
- Signed GBR Swim Test OR Release of Liability Swim Form for (+21) Masters. (If you are currently a GBR member or have previously rowed with GBR, you may have one on file. Please check with Mackenzie.)
- GBR Medical Form
- A Current Basic USRowing Membership ($7.95) affiliated with GBR. Our USRowing Membership ID is 3N7EN . Click here for Instructions
Need help registering? Ask Sara
What Should I bring to Practice??
- Water (there is no potable water on site, so bring plenty to drink)
- A change of clothes
- Sneakers for warm up
- Sunscreen/bug spray
- Easy Slip off shoes that can get wet, (slides, tevas, crocs)
- Socks that can get dirty
- Spandex/Compression pants or shorts – everything must be tight fitting in the boat
- Layers- It will be cold in the morning, but you will warm up fast!! Fleece and Easy wicking materials are best – No cotton sweatshirts.
- Towel for cleaning up/drying off after practice